How many of you start drooling in listening to juicy, colorful, sweet, and tasty seasonal fruits? Well, drooling for fruits is healthy as well as beneficial. It is a sign that you have not shifted your healthy food habits to junkies. Nonetheless, most of us have seasonal fruits like banana, mango, litchi, guava, cherry, lime, and so forth counting on the availability. But have you tried exotic fruits like durian, persimmon, dragon fruit, and other exotic healthy fruits? These colorful, juicy, sweet, and tasty fruits are not only delicious but also offer a range of health benefits. So why not mix up your fruit game and give these exotic options a try?
14 Amazing Exotic Healthy Fruits with Nutritional Benefits
If you have not tasted then it is time to know about exotic fruits and their health benefits. So, without much delay, let us come by the names of some of the exotic fruits that the pickiest member of your family would love to have.
- Chom Chom: Chom chom or Rambutan is a Vietnamese hairy and tropical fruit. It has a similar texture to litchi. Though Chom chom has a richer and creamer texture than litchi.
Health Benefits: The fruit is a mine of vitamin C, B vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, potassium, and more. The fruit is so sweet that you can add it to custard, yogurt, or fruit salad without sugar.
- Horned Melons: They may look ugly to it due to their horny structure outside. But, the inside is truly a heaven. It is green and jellylike. It is very sweet to taste.
Health Benefits: Horned melon is rich in vitamins K, A, C, and E. it also has potassium, iron, antioxidants, and magnesium that help to prevent cellular damage.
- Sapodilla: The brown teardrop shape fruit is extremely sweet to taste. It is also known as Candy in the world of fruit.
Health Benefits: The fruit is a source of vitamins A and C and is rich in iron, folate, niacin, and antioxidants.
- Dragon Fruit: Don’t be afraid of the name. The fruit has a pinkish coat outside and a whiter cell inside. It is very mild in taste but rich in goodness.
Health Benefit: Vitamin C, calcium, and fiber are available in the fruit. It is a low-calorie fruit and can be a part of a diet regime.
- Rose Apple: This pear-like fruit is one of the lovely exotic fruits in Asia. The sweet, crisp, and refreshing texture can add a blast to your text buds and refresh your mind.
Health Benefits: Rose apple is a healthy source of fiber, calcium, and potassium. You can have it as a fruit or topping on your custard or yogurt.
- Durian: Durian is the smelliest fruit in the world. Its sweet, custardy, and creamy cheesecake-like taste and texture can increase your appetite in many ways. You can use the fruit to make ice cream, smoothies, and/or desserts.
Health Benefits: Fruit is a good source of B vitamins, vitamin C, healthy fat, and fiber.
- Mangosteen: It is a fruit with a sweet and sour taste. You need to put effort to have the snow-white flesh pierce the outer tough skin.
Health Benefits: The fruit is a very rich source of antioxidants. The roots of the mangosteen tree are used to regulate the regular menstrual cycle. The fruit also sources potassium, copper, manganese, and magnesium.
- Persimmon: It is also known as Ramphal. This juicy fruit is amazingly sweet to taste. It looks like a tomato. If you store it to ripen for a long time, you will have the sweetest fruit to taste.
Health Benefits: The fruit contains antioxidants, fiber, and tannins. It prevents high blood sugar with its fiber and reduces blood pressure.
- Starfruit: As it names so it looks. It is a tangy, sweet, and juicy fruit. You can have it as a healthy snack adding a bit of salt and chili flakes.
Health Benefits: A rich source of vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants. Good for the skin and helps to reduce cholesterol, risk of fatty liver, and inflammation.
- Passion Fruit: If you are a true lover of sweets, you can certainly try passion fruit. You can use the fruit in preparing desserts and flavorsome dishes at home.
Health Benefits: Passion fruit has lots of antioxidants, and it is rich in beta carotene, polyphenols, and vitamin C. it boosts the immunity system and induces healthy living.
- Kumquat: The best part is, you can eat kumquat along with its seeds and peels. They are sweet to taste and tender in texture. You can pop a whole fruit into your mouth without thinking of its annoying peels.
Health Benefits: Kumquat is a good source of vitamin C, fiber, and water. So, for people who are looking for fruit to include in a weight loss diet, kumquat is the holly option.
- Salak: Salk, the small tart-like fruit is rich in nutrients. You can have it alone or add it to your salad, dishes, or desserts for its amazing flavor. The fruit contains good carbohydrates that provide stamina and energy to the human body.
Health Benefits: The food is a highly effective diet for weight loss. You can have protein, calcium, iron, potassium, beta carotene, vitamin C, phenolic, and flavonoid – all in this single fruit.
- Pomelo: Pomelo is the largest fruit of the citrus family. You can eat it all fresh or add it to your recipes that call for a tangy flavor. It is very good to fight against low immunity in the human body and provides a good source of antioxidants.
Health Benefits: You can have a small portion of Pomelo every day. It is rich in fiber, potassium, vitamin C, minerals, and other nutrients.
- Buddha’s Hand: You can prepare so many dishes with this fruit or eat it raw. The zest of the fruit is used to add flavor to the dishes. It is a traditional fruit in China and is offered to temples and used as a New Year gift.
Health Benefits: Fruit is the richest source of vitamins E and C. its antioxidant helps to reduce cholesterol and have an anti-cancer effect.
Wrapping Up For Now…..
Adding color to your fruit bowl is not a scary thing all the time. Rather it is truly nutritious, luscious, and advantageous for our health. We have enlisted here 14 exotic foods for your reference. If you have more in your mind, please feel free to share it with us.